Drugs by Letter:
Where to order Valsartan with MasterCard and Visa?
Get 24% off from All-Medications.biz:
Remember this discount coupon code: allrxfinder
Tip: How to Use Coupon Code?
1. Go to All-Medications.biz.
2. Choice products and click "Add to cart".
3. Go to "Checkout" and enter your credit card MasterCard or Visa info.
4. Type or paste the coupon code allrxfinder above in the "Discount Coupon" box and press button "Add".
5. Complete your purchase.
Valsartan belongs to a group of drugs known as angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) and is similar to losartan (Cozaar).
Valsartan blocks the ability of angiotensin II to constrict or squeeze arteries and veins, thereby reducing blood pressure and reducing the pressure in the arteries that the heart must pump against.
Valsartan has a stimulative effect on the heart.
Valsartan has less of an effect in black patients like the ACE inhibitors such as captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), benazepril (Lotensin), and lisinopril (Zestril).
Valsartan HCT provides just such a combination. It contains Valsartan plus the common diuretic hydrochlorothiazide.
Valsartan is being studied for use in patients with congestive heart failure.
Valsartan is indicated alone or in combination with other agents.
Valsartan is indicated alone or with other blood pressure medications, such as diuretics that help the body get rid of excess water.
Valsartan is indicated for heart failure in patients who can't tolerate another type of medication called ACE inhibitors.
Valsartan is indicated to treat high blood pressure.
Valsartan is one of a new class of blood pressure medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists.
Valsartan works by preventing the hormone angiotensin II from narrowing the blood vessels, which tends to raise blood pressure.
Valsartan side effects that you should report to your health care professional or doctor as soon as possible:
- Viral infections;
- Upper respiratory infections;
- Swollen mouth and throat;
- Sore throat;
- Sinus inflammation;
- Runny nose;
- Low blood pressure;
- Joint pain;
- Blurred vision;
- Back pain;
- Allergic reactions;
- Abdominal pain;
Valsartan is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- If you have a history of allergy or bronchial asthma, or suffer from the condition called lupus erythematosus;
- If you have an allergic reaction;
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to a sulfa drug such as bactrim or septra;
- If you have liver or kidney disease;
- If your body's supply of water has been depleted by high doses of diuretics;
Do not take Valsartan with any of the following drugs:
- Amiloride (midamor);
- Cholestyramine (questran);
- Colestipol (colestid);
- Corticosteroids such as hydrocortisone and prednisone;
- Glipizide (glucotrol);
- Glyburide (diabeta, micronase);
- Lithium (lithobid, lithonate);
- Narcotic drugs such as morphine or codeine products;
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as advil, aleve, motin, and naprosyn;
- Other blood pressure medications such as cardi-zem, lopressor, and procardia;
- Spironolactone (aldactone);
- Triamterene (dyrenium);
High Blood Pressure
The usual starting dose is 80 or 160 milligrams or more once a day. If your blood pressure does not go down, your doctor may increase the dose or add a diuretic to your regimen. The maximum recommended dose is 320 milligrams a day.
The usual starting dose is 40 milligrams taken twice a day. The doctor may increase the dose to 80 or 160 milligrams twice daily depending on your tolerance for the drug. The maximum dose is 320 milligrams daily.
The usual starting dose when switching from Valsartan to Valsartan HCT is one 80 milligram/12.5 milligram tablet daily. Daily dosage may be increased to a maximum of 160 milligrams of Valsartan and 25 milligrams of hydrochlorothiazide.
Other Brand Names
Valsartan from Meliona.biz
Valsartan from AllRXQuick.com