Drugs by Letter:
Where to order Prempro with MasterCard and Visa?
Get 24% off from All-Medications.biz:
Remember this discount coupon code: allrxfinder
Tip: How to Use Coupon Code?
1. Go to All-Medications.biz.
2. Choice products and click "Add to cart".
3. Go to "Checkout" and enter your credit card MasterCard or Visa info.
4. Type or paste the coupon code allrxfinder above in the "Discount Coupon" box and press button "Add".
5. Complete your purchase.
A progestin is added to estrogen replacement therapy to reduce the risk of cancer of the uterus.
A woman who has had her uterus removed does not need progestin and should not be treated with this combination medication.
Prempro also helps treat dryness, itching, and burning around the vagina.
Prempro helps reduce episodes of flushing and sweating of the upper body and face, commonly called hot flashes.
Prempro is a combination of 2 female hormones: an estrogen (estradiol) and a progestin (norethindrone).
Prempro is indicated to prevent bone loss (osteoporosis) in people at high risk who cannot take other drugs that are safe and effective to prevent or treat bone loss (e.g., raloxifene, bisphosphonates such as alendronate).
Prempro is indicated to reduce menopause symptoms.
Prempro is indicated to treat a variety of medical conditions.
If you need treatment only for vaginal menopause symptoms, products applied directly inside the vagina should be considered before medications that are taken by mouth, absorbed through the skin, or injected.
These medicines should be considered for use before estrogen/progestin HRT therapy for osteoporosis.
These symptoms occur when a woman's body no longer makes the usual amount of female hormone (estrogen).
Prempro is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- a circulation, blood clotting or bleeding disorder;
- abnormal, undiagnosed vaginal bleeding;
- any type of uterine, breast, or hormone-related cancer;
- Gallbladder disease;
- high blood pressure, heart disorders or angina;
- if you have had a Hysterectomy (if you have had your uterus removed);
- kidney disorders;
- liver disorder;
- triglycerides or high levels of cholesterol in your blood;
- uterine fibroids;
- if you are allergic to Prempro;
- if you have a certain hormone problem (hypoparathyroidism);
- if you have abnormal calcium level in the blood;
- if you have any other allergies;
- if you have asthma;
- if you have certain blood disorder (porphyria);
- if you have certain medical conditions;
- if you have certain types of cancer (breast, ovary, uterus);
- if you have current/history of blood clots;
- if you have diabetes;
- if you have family medical history (including blood clots, breast lumps/cancer);
- if you have gallbladder disease;
- if you have heart disease (high blood pressure, congestive heart failure);
- if you have high blood cholesterol/fat (triglyceride) levels;
- if you have high blood pressure during pregnancy (toxemia);
- if you have history of stroke or heart attack;
- if you have kidney disease;
- if you have liver disease;
- if you have lupus;
- if you have mental/mood disorders (depression, memory loss);
- if you have migraine headaches;
- if you have obesity;
- if you have seizures;
- if you have underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism);
- if you have uterus problems (uterine fibroids, endometriosis);
- if you have vaginal bleeding of unknown cause;
- if you have yellowing eyes/skin (cholestatic jaundice) during pregnancy or with past estrogen use;
Do not take Prempro with any of the following drugs:
- Certain anti-seizure medications;
- Corticosteroids (prednisone);
- Drugs affecting liver enzymes that remove estrogens from your body (such as azole antifungals including itraconazole;
- Macrolide antibiotics including erythromycin;
- Rifamycins including rifabutin;
- St John's wort;
Prempro side effects that you should report to your health care professional or doctor as soon as possible:
- a red, painful or a swollen leg;
- allergic reactions (throat closing, breathing difficulties, swelling of the face, tongue, lips or hives);
- Breakthrough bleeding;
- Breast lumps;
- Breast tenderness;
- Calf pain/swelling that is warm to the touch;
- Change in vaginal discharge;
- Changes in sleep patterns;
- changes in the patient's menstrual cycle, break-through bleeding, and sometimes even painful menstruations;
- chest pain;
- Chest/jaw/left arm pain;
- Coughing up blood;
- darkening of the skin (mostly on your face);
- Double vision;
- enlargement or tenderness of the breasts;
- headaches, dizziness, vomiting, faintness or changes in speech or vision;
- Increased thirst and urination;
- Increased/decreased interest in sex;
- Itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat);
- Loss of vision;
- Memory loss;
- Mental/mood changes;
- Nipple discharge;
- pain, tenderness or swelling in the abdomen;
- Pain/redness/swelling/weakness of the arms/legs;
- Prolonged/returning bleeding;
- Severe dizziness;
- shortness or breath;
- Signs of worsening diabetes control;
- Slurred speech;
- Stomach upset;
- Stomach/abdominal pain;
- Sudden dizziness/fainting;
- Sudden severe headache;
- Sudden vision changes;
- swelling of the feet or hands;
- Swelling of the hands/feet;
- Trouble breathing;
- Trouble breathing;
- Unusual vaginal bleeding;
- vaginal discomfort or vaginal irritation;
- vomiting and nausea;
- Weakness on one side of the body;
- Weight changes;
- Worsening of seizures;
- Yellowing eyes/skin;
- yellowing of the eyes or of the skin;
Reported Prempro overdose symptoms are:
- Unusual vaginal bleeding in females;
- Severe nausea/vomiting;
Other Brand Names
In some countries Prempro may also be known as:
- Primogyn Depot;
- Sisare mono;